Currently hiring for a Work Center Program Assistant.
This Non-Exempt position assists participants in daily tasks, setting goals and following person-centered plans.
Click here for Application
Major areas of responsibility include:
Training of participants
- Provide training, assistance and/or guidance to participants in vocational tasks, daily living skills, personal care (grooming, toileting, feeding, hygiene assistance, etc), and other tasks as needed.
- Adapt communication methods as needed to communicate with participants.
- Follow behavior support plans and crisis plans to assist the participant to succeed in daily activities.
- Fully engage in outings with participants to encourage natural learning from the community.
- Assist participants in complying with safety procedures including, but not limited to, fire drills, and tornado drills
- Work independently or as part of a team to accomplish these functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Person Centered Plans
- Assist in identifying strengths/needs and needed services in assisting to establish goals for outcomes in the Plan of Care (POC).
- Attend POC meetings if requested to provide information to enable plan to be written by team.
- Communicate often with the person centered team if alterations are needed to the plan, and if other supports are needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organize materials appropriately for the day’s assignments.
- Encourage the participants throughout the day.
- Complete quality checks of the participants work.
- Complete all time and job data sheets by the end of the day.
- Ensure cleanliness of work and working areas
- Assist other staff members as needed and/or assigned.
- Complete daily attendance sheets
- Complete daily notes, and monthly summaries per regulation and as assigned
- Record client progress on daily task sheets and for weekly/monthly review
- Report any unusual behavior, illness, or accident to appropriate manager and complete incident reports if needed in a timely fashion.
- Update contact information as needed
- Complete all assigned phase 1 training on College of Direct Supports within 90 days of hire
- Complete CPR and First Aid training within 90 days of hire, and then bi-annually after
- Complete Crisis Intervention and Prevention training within 90 days of hire
- Complete all assigned phase 2 training on College of Direct Supports within 6 months of hire
- Complete Individualized Instruction of assigned participants
- Complete 6 hours of professional development training annually
- Attend all agency assigned staff trainings
- Attend all trainings and meetings directly related to participant care as assigned
- Share information and knowledge gained with co-workers and by example during work
- Complete and submit training records of assigned trainings
- Complete other training duties as assigned
- Maintain total confidentiality of all participants and abide by HIPPA regulations
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and regulations of New Perceptions, Inc..
- Assist clients and related staff in complying with agency safety procedures including, but not limited to, fire drills, tornado drills, and other safety measures.
Qualifications for Position
-Desire to assist adult with developmental disabilities
-At least 18 years of age
-High School diploma or equivalent
-One year related experience preferred
-Ability to transport clients, if designated, for community training in organization vehicle
-Light to medium work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force to occasionally move objects
-Ability to lift 20+ pounds when assisting participants
-Frequent walking, sitting and standing
-Ability to stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, grasp and lift to support adults while providing personal care, contract work or other daily living skills as needed
Requirements That Will Be Verified
-Valid Driver’s License
-Valid car insurance in accordance with KY law (if transporting participants)
-Clear Drug Screen
-Negative TB screen
-Criminal background screen clear of felonies and drug related convictions as required by regulations
-Clear Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) check
-Clear Nurses Aide Registry check
-U.S. Citizenship or appropriate work permits as specified by I-9